Woman flies 400 miles to hunt for childhood teddy bear panda


Gilli Seymour and Squeak the Panda

The Jubilee weekend ended in disaster for one panda fan who lost her 20-year-old toy on a visit to Edinburgh.

Gilli Seymour, 22, flew up from London with friends last week to celebrate her birthday with a trip to Edinburgh Zoo to see the giant pandas.

Naturally, she took Squeak, the toy panda which she has carried with her every day since she was given it by her grandmother at the age of two.

But it was only as she prepared to leave the capital on her way back south she realised Squeak was no longer with her.

Ms Seymour was devastated to discover that her beloved bear was missing as she arrived at the airport to return to London.

She said: “Just as we got to the airport I looked in my bag and she wasn’t there. The whole bus journey I was on the phone so I was quite distracted and he had a lot of bags with us so I think it’s quite likely she was on the bus.

“Maybe a kid has picked her up but I’m really worried that a tourist has got her as has and taken her back home that would be the worse case scenario.”

However, Squeak was last seen in the Three Sisters’ pub in the Cowgate so may still be at the bar.

Now, in a desperate attempt to relocate Squeak she has flown back up to Edinburgh on Wednesday.

As she hit the streets of the capital on Thursday armed with flyers she said: “She means the whole world to me. She’s like a part of me.

“She’s always on me. Always, always.”

Miss Seymour hasn’t spoken to her gran about the loss of Squeak but her mum has kept her updated and is understood to be very upset as well.

In the event that Squeak cannot be found she said: “I don’t want to think about it.”

Comments

Popular Posts